25 October 2018

Kellri's 18 Module Challenge - Epitaph

Kellri's 18 Module Challenge - Epitaph


After losing my blog posts for Day 15 and Day 17, I stopped the modules challenge blogging for the moment until I work out a better writing process than losing posts an hour+ into them on the blogger interface. Here are my final selections:


  • Day 15 - A Module I Like Based on a Book or Film: Court of Ardor by Terry K. Amthor
  • Day 16 - My Favorite Gary Gygax Module: G3 Hall of the Fire Giant King by Gary Gygax
  • Day 17 - A Module I'm Saving for the Right Time: D3 Vault of the Drow by Gary Gygax
  • Day 18 - A Module from the Year I Began to Play: there are no modules I've played from 1977 (and few published---Tegel Manor is the only one that readily came to mind), so I went with Outdoor Geomorphs Set One: Walled City by Gary Gygax

I planned several follow-on posts that tied back to my various Runners Up selections, and a few additional categories that came to mind as variations on some of Scot's themes, which I will return to

My thanks to Kellri for putting the challenge together!


Allan. 

P.S. - And here are my responses to the full module challenge:




  1. Day 18 - A Module from the Year I Began to Play: there are no modules I've played from 1977 (and few published---Tegel Manor is the only one that readily comes to mind), so I went with Outdoor Geomorphs Set One: Walled City by Gary Gygax
  2. Day 17 - A Module I'm Saving for the Right Time: D3 Vault of the Drow by Gary Gygax 
  3. Day 16 - My Favorite Gary Gygax Module: G3 Hall of the Fire Giant King by Gary Gygax
  4. Day 15: The Court of Ardor by Terry K. Amthor
  5. Day 14:  Starstone by Paul Vernon Lydiate
  6. Day 13:  "The Ruins of Andril" by Ian Melluish
  7. Day 12:  "Treasure of the Dragon Queen" by Rutgers University Gamers
  8. Day 11:  S4 Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth by Gary Gygax
  9. Day 10:  Return of the Eight by Roger E. Moore
  10. Day 9:  Pavis and Big Rubble by Greg Stafford, Steve Perrin, Oliver Dickinson, & Diverse Hands
  11. Day 8:  Angmar, Land of the Witch King by Heike Kubasch
  12. Day 7:  X2 Castle Amber by Tom Moldvay
  13. Day 6: DMG Monastery Dungeon by Gary Gygax
  14. Day 5: S3 Expedition to the Barrier Peaks by Gary Gygax
  15. Day 4: "Deep Shit" by Jeff Barber
  16. Day 3: A Fabled City of Brass by Anthony Huso
  17. Day 2: Masks of Nyarlathotep by Larry DiTillio
  18. Day 1: Empire of the Ghouls by Wolfgang Baur
  19. Day 0: These are a Few of My Favorite Things...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful and civil in your commentary. Inappropriate comments may be edited or deleted as dictated by the whims of Balo, Chief Jester and Editor for the Lords of Chaos.