Black Blade Publishing
Black Blade's newest title, Tales of Peril - The Complete Boinger & Zereth Stories of John Eric Holmes makes its debut appearance at GaryCon X:
|Tales of Peril by John Eric Holmes|
Jon and I will have the remaining copies of the signed and numbered limited hardcover edition available. Tales of Peril features front and back cover art from Ian Baggley:
...and interior art from Jim Roslof and Chris Holmes. For further information about the book, you can read these preview blog posts:
- Tales of Peril - the Third Preview: Illustrations and Artwork
- Tales of Peril - the Second Preview: Table of Contents
- Tales of Peril - the First Preview: Signature Page
Robert J. Kuntz
Black Blade will also stock copies of Robert J. Kuntz's publications, including RJK-1 Cairn of the Skeleton King, RJK-2 Tower of Blood, and LGCC-1 The Original Bottle City, as well as Rob's Dark Druids adventure from Guy Fullerton's Chaotic Henchmen Productions, and Dave Arneson's True Genius, El Raja Key Archive (in USB and DVD formats), K1 Sunken City from Three Line Studio and TLB Games.
Lastly, Black Blade's stock of graph and hex paper has been replenished in time for the convention, and is available in the following sizes and formats:
- Graph Paper, 11 x 17 - double-sided, 6 squares per inch double-grid on front, 5 squares per inch double-grid on back; $13 per 40 sheet pad
- Graph Paper 8.5 x 11 - double-sided, 6 spi double-grid on front/5 spi double-grid on back; $6.50 per 40 sheet pad
- Graph Pads, 4.25 x 5.5 - single-sided, with a 6 spi double-grid; $2.50 per 40 sheet pad
- Hex Paper, 11 x 17 - double-sided, double-grid with Wilderlands-sized hexes on front, and Greyhawk-sized hexes on bottom; $13 per 40 sheet pad
- Hex Paper, 8.5 x 11 - double-sided, with triple-grid Greyhawk-sized hexes on front, and Wilderlands-sized double-grid hexes on bottom; $8 per 40 sheet pad
- Hex Pads, 4.25 x 5.5 - single-sided, with single-grid Greyhawk-sized hexes; $2.50 per 40 sheet pad
Black Blade will also have copies of The Twisting Stair issues #1 (Spring 2017), #2 (Summer 2017), and the new #3 (Spring 2018), which will be fresh-off-the-presses for the show:
|The Twisting Stair|
Hyqueous Vaults is the OSRIC 10th anniversary adventure module, published by Guy Fullerton. It celebrates the original retro-clone game system for first edition AD&D, and is also fresh-off-the-presses:
|The Hyqueous Vaults|
Other books and games new to Black Blade and GaryCon X this year include:
- Mothshade Concepts - Mauvolg and Eldritch Avremier (also fresh off-the-presses!)
- Gamers Group Publications - DC1 The Ruins of Quinstead
- Greg Gillespie - The Forbidden Caverns of Archaia
- Gamewick - the new Roswell 51 boardgame
- Empire of the Petal Throne - Swords & Glory volume 2, and various other tomes
- Anthony Huso - A Fabled City of Brass (both books) and The Night Wolf Inn
- +Jon Wilson's Fantastic Exciting Imaginative: the Holmes Art Zine, volumes 1 and 2
- Atomic Cycles - Exhumed Obscura: Paul de Valera and Grant Parrinello's OSRIC rules expansion sourcebook
- Swordfish Islands - The Dark of Hot Springs Island and A Field Guide to Hot Springs Island
We will likely receive some other titles with uncertain arrival times that are being hand-delivered, so be sure to check back throughout the convention!
Goodman Games, as usual, will have a pile of new Dungeon Crawl Classics adventures and supplements at the show, including Kickstarter-backer-only copies of the Mutant Crawl Classics rulebooks. Their Coming Soon page displays their newly-available books as well as those shipping soon.
Of particular interest to old-school gamers will be the Into the Borderlands collection. It reprints two versions of each B1 In Search of the Unknown (by Mike Carr) and B2 Keep on the Borderlands (by Gary Gygax; B2 info at same link). This book also includes 5e conversions, essays about the history of the modules, new encounters, and more!
Other highlights include the new DCC fiction collection, Tales from the Magician's Skull, and, as an experiment for Black Blade, we'll carry the Goodman Games Fifth Edition Fantasy adventures for the first time at GaryCon this year. So, if you're playing 5e, drop by and check out the titles!
Stop By and Say Hello!